Monday, June 11, 2012

The Wear and Tear of Patience

Seriously, find me someone who is good at being patient and I'll sing a different tune, but as of now I am sold on thinking that patience is a struggle for everyone in their own way...

One thing I've realized about myself is that I can rock out initial decisions. I have been able to see the Lord provide superhero style strength when decisions need to be made in my life, but it's the day to day struggles that really cause some wear and tear.

The big pictures I get. For example, I can make the decision to move to a new city, make personal goals, or set boundaries in relationships with an absolute clarity and sureness; but.....(and but is the key word) remembering is difficult. Remembering that new cities mean a beginning stage of loneliness I forget, remembering that goals take consistency and self-control I forget, and remembering that boundaries with those we care about cause fears and insecurities while we wait to see how things play out, once again, I forget. Thus my patience begins to wane and the initial strength evolves into an annoying weakness.

So....that being said, I need to work on the playing out of decisions in my life. I'm not entirely sure how to do that...but I'm going to try. I want to remember that anything good and sanctified is worth waiting for. It also helps to know that any strength I have isn't my own, and the weaknesses are continually being molded. Praise!


"If the Lord Jehovah makes us wait, let us do so with our whole hearts; for blessed are all they that wait for Him. He is worth waiting for. The waiting itself is beneficial to us: it tries faith, exercises patience, trains submission, and endears the blessing when it comes.

The Lord's people have always been a waiting people."

-Spurgeon



No comments:

Post a Comment