Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter

I don't know whether or not it's the charm of awkward Ron Weasley or the thrill of magic or the strong desire I have to be adopted by Professor Slughorn or to try butter beer BUT I am absolutely smitten with this whole Harry Potter situation, and have been for some time. I was having a conversation the other day with a friend of mine about authors such as Rowling, Tolkien, Lewis, etc... and how they not only have been accomplished fiction authors but they have created ENTIRE worlds from the ground up. It is such a powerful gift for an author to be able to completely build a world from scratch.....I mean give me chills.

I know the fantasy craze has become so huge, in part, because humanity wants to escape the reality of pain and fear and heartache......well count me in!!! Seriously though.....it is quite fun!

Alright I'm off to watch the Deathly Hallows pt. 1 in preparation to watch part 2 again.....sit back relax, eat your chocolate frogs and wave your wands....off to Hogwarts we go!





-Katie Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment